Monday, October 3, 2011

List #20 Jenny Lyons/staff at TKE

Jenny Lyons/staff: The King's English. Salt Lake City, UT. 84105



Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
Wolf Hall, Hilary Mantel
Let the Great World Spin, Colum McCann
The Tiger's Wife By Tea Obreht
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
Three Junes by Julia Glass
Wake of Forgiveness by Bruce Machart
This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathon Tropper
Last Night at the Lobster, Stewart O'Nan
Cutting for Stone, Abraham Verghese
Bottom of the 33rd by Dan Barry
Foreign Bodies By Cynthia Ozick
The Surrendered By Chang-rae Lee
Cutting for Stone By Abraham Verghese
Ransom By David Malouf
1861 by Adam Goodheart
The Tiger by John Vaillant
The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
Charms for the Easy Life, Kaye Gibbon
The Highest Tide, Jim Lynch
Border Songs, Jim Lynch
Firmin, Sam Savage
Last Night at the Lobster, Stewart O'Nan
My Antonia, Willa Cather
Olive Kitteridge, Elizabeth Strout
Where I'm Calling From, Raymond Carver
Motel Life, Willy Vlautin
Three Questions, Jon Muth
THE UNLIKELY ROMANCE OF KATE BJORKMAN by Louise Plummer
UNCIVIL SEASONS by Michael Malone
THE MADONNAS OF LENINGRAD by Deborah Dean
GOODNIGHT ME by Somebody Daddo
HOW TO SAVE A LIFE by Sara Zarr
City of Thieves, David Benioff
Graceland by Chris Abani
Suicide by Edouard Leve
The Western Lands by William Burroughs
Amulet by Roberto Bolano
Before Night Falls by Reinaldo Arenas
Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
Juniper Berry by M.P. Kozlowsky
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Girls Don't Fly, Kristen Chandler
Wolves Boys and Other Things that May Kill me, by Kristen Chandler
Scapegoat, by Dean Hale
Icefall, by Matt Kirby
Chihuahua Chase, Ann Cannon
A Place of Greater Safety By Hilary Mantel
Guernsey Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Schaefer

Following comments from Hans--

Betsy Burton, owner, wrote a memoir/history of this store a few years back which I enjoyed very much. I am sure they would be happy to sell you a copy. Or your local would.

In any case, this concludes the original twenty lists and puts us at 1,000 books. Thanks for checking in with us and keep doing so--tomorrow I'll post some miscellaneous fun stuff about these lists and on Wednesday I'll begin posting the rest of the lists in the order they got to me.

Edit: I apologize for the two duplicates(thought I think it was multiple staff members naming a title). In any case, it was my(Hans') fault for not being clear about it. Here are two more titles from them--
Beekeeper’s Apprentice by Laurie King
Bricklayer by Noah Boyd

2 comments:

  1. They like Stewart O'Nan's Last Night at the Lobster so much that they put it on there twice! I'm an O'Nan fan, but twice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Cutting for Stone, which my clients tell me is wonderful. I have not had the time to read it yet, or it likely would have been on my own list. One of the "downfalls" (perks) of being a bookseller is that so many tempting books come to the desk! Despite what the clientele believes, we don't get to sit and read all day, much as we'd prefer it.

    I look forward to all the lists yet to come.

    ReplyDelete